Friday, March 20, 2009

Budget Woes


Alrighty today we will be discussing something that can be a major bummer - MONEY.

When I first started dreaming about my wedding the budget was the last thing on my mind. But that is honestly the first place you should start your planning. Everything effects your budget and, in my case anyways, your budget may actually plan a HUGE role in determining exactly what your wedding will be like, for example it will probably help shape the guest list.

My advice? Start saving NOW! No amount is too little and even if its $20 a month it can still add up in the long run. Also check out all the great articles you can find on the web about setting up a budget, sticking with it, and saving on your wedding costs. The Knot has a ton of great articles and also a budget calculator which tells you approximately what you will be spending where when you put in your desired budget. It is just a guideline though, and remember that because whenever I look at it I get bummed - $400 for the venue? $1,500 for food?!. Luckily I'm crafty so I will be doing a lot of DIY projects and I have time to save up as much as possible.

But in order to help you on your way, I wanted to include some great links and the first is from a blogger whom I love, Plumeria Bud from Bridal Buds. Here's the link for her blog on balancing your budget with what you want: Balancing Budget with Desires | BridalBuds

Also here's some more great links to articles and tools:
1. Planning - Money Saving Strategies (from TheKnot.com)
2. 10 Tips for Discussing Your Wedding Budget (from Rose Bud on Bridal Buds) - this one makes me smile every time!
3. Wedding Budget 101 (from TheKnot.com)
4. Wedding Budget - Little Ways to Save (from TheKnot.com)
And there are many more. Also both TheKnot.com an d WeddingWire.com have budget tools so feel free to play around with those. Good luck!

Forever Dreaming,
Katelyn


2 comments:

  1. http://www.costhelper.com/cost/wedding/wedding.html This website is really good for seeing what things are costing on average right now. http://www.ourdreamwedding.com/ Has a great budget calculator, similar to the WeddingWire one actually. Since you're using WeddingWire, you might wanna do a rough draft budget with the http://www.ourdreamwedding.com/ budget calculator, then use the WeddingWire one for the final version. Just a thought... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I checked them out! Cost Helper is an awesome site! Just checked it out and I love it. And Our Dream Wedding looks like its going to be a lot of fun. Great links thank you Joelle!

    ReplyDelete