Sunday, April 25, 2010

Creating my Invitations

So today was the day I was going to make all my engagement party invitations. Last night I cut the paper, today I got grey stamp ink, and as I went to load the paper into our printer it suddenly hit me...we don't have white ink. Bummer! I already tried the invitations with black ink and here is what it came out like:
(Ignore the smudge marks on the envelope...I dropped a stamp on it. lol)
So you see, the black doesn't look terrible but I think white text against the green would look much better. But anywho, here's the invitation making process so far:

Materials Bought:
10 pieces of 12x12 olive green cardstock paper....$6.90 ($.69 each)
1 9" Fiskars bypass trimmer (as seen below)..........$19.99
4 packs of 12 note cards-only for the envelopes.....$4.00 ($1.00 each)
1 fifty count 8x11 white cardstock paper................$3.99
2 stamps on clearance (as seen below)...................$1.98 ($.99 each)
                                                              total cost: $36.86

Why this ended up being a total bargin:
The trimmer I will be using forever more, for things such as gift tags, cards to friends, crafts, etc. The same with the stamps (who doesn't love a cute little owl?). The white pack of cardstock paper I will be using to make my banners, save the dates, stationary. and who knows what else more.

And finally- my best bargain find- The 4 pack of note cards with envelopes came to a total of $4 which totally beat the plain cardstock note card with envelope pack which was $4.75 for a pack of 10. Tadah! I felt great walking out of there with out spending the $50 I originally thought I was going to have to spend.

Now for the creation process:

Step 1: Cut cardstock paper into whatever size you need. (My invitations are 4"x7.5".)

Step 2: Print out whatever text you like onto your cardstock paper. Mine read "It's the little things you do, that truly say "I love you". (cute, huh?) Also print out the text on your small cardstock paper for the insert card (the one you place in the envelope).

Step 3: Using a glue stick, glue your envelope (back side up) onto your card in the designated area.

Step 4: Stamp adorable designs where ever you would like.


Step 5: Apply postage stamp and mail these cuties off!

Send me some pics of what you're working on!
Forever Dreaming,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment